The bond between humans and dogs has long been recognized for its positive impact on our lives. With our canine companions offering a multitude of advantages, it's essential to ensure their happiness and well-being in return. One way to achieve this is by creating a dog-friendly backyard or dog run with artificial turf from Synthetic Turf of Puget Sound. In this blog post, we will discuss how to clean and maintain an artificial turf dog run and offer daily, weekly, and monthly routines to keep your pet-friendly turf in top shape.
Artificial grass for dog's - How to maintain
An artificial turf dog run offers your canine companion their own dedicated space to play and relax. This reduces the chances of your dog damaging your lawn and provides a safe and comfortable environment for them to enjoy. Synthetic Turf of Puget Sound offers a variety of high-quality artificial grass options that are pet-friendly, low-maintenance, and visually appealing.
How to Clean and Maintain an Artificial Turf Dog Run:
Cleaning and maintaining an artificial turf dog run is easy when you follow a structured routine. Adjust the frequency of tasks based on the number of dogs you have and the size of your dog run.
- Daily Pet Turf Cleaning:
- Let your dogs run free knowing they won't track mud back in the house because of your newly installed artificial grass.
- Remove solid waste from the turf daily, try to avoid rubbing it into the grass blades.
- Inspect the dog run for any debris or harmful objects and remove them promptly.
- Weekly Pet Turf Area Cleaning:
- After completing daily tasks, rinse down the entire dog run with a garden hose, focusing on areas where your dog is most likely to urinate. This is especially important during the summer months when it's dry and warm out.
- Use a blower to clean off any debris on the artificial turf from the surrounding landscape.
- Monthly Pet Turf Area Cleaning:
- Spray the dog run with a commercial or homemade urine odor deodorizer (a 50% vinegar, 50% water solution works well and is non-toxic/ safe).
- OxyTurf can be applied to the dog run turf area and is helpful in reducing the possibility of odor in artificial grass yards where multiple pets use the area.
- Allow the deodorizer to dry, then use a stiff-bristled push broom to fluff up the artificial grass fibers.
- Clean and sanitize your dog's toys and bedding following the manufacturer's instructions.
- A US Power Broom can effectively remove pet hair from turf while brushing the pile at the same time.
A well-maintained artificial turf dog run from Synthetic Turf of Puget Sound not only keeps your dog happy and healthy but also contributes to the numerous benefits they bring to your life. By following the cleaning and maintenance routine outlined above, you can ensure your dog's outdoor space remains clean, safe, and enjoyable for years to come. If you live in the Seattle/ Tacoma area contact Synthetic Turf of Puget Sound today for a free artificial pet grass design and installation estimate for your backyard or dog run.